So recently on Twitter I was informed that TwitChuck or Commentful was not properly documented and I completely agree on this fact. The tool was built to be as simple as possible, but I understand that even simple tools need at least a suggestion or two?
So here is some basic documentation until I can migrate this over to the main site and to each tool.
- TwitChuck.com or Commentful.com – TwitChuck was created to help users determine information about their friends and followers. Kind of like a credit check for Twitter users. If you put a users Twitter name in the field up top, the system will provide you with a score. If a user is specifically spammy they will also get a dreaded “Spammer” background. If you have logged in via OAUTH, you can also drag and drop to follow, unfollow, or block a user.
- SpamChuck – SpamChuck gives you the option of comparing your list of friends and followers against our list of known spammers. After the scan is complete it will give you the option to remove these users from your friends/followers.
Hope this provides a little support to anyone who might be confused about our offerings..
And on a side note we are currently working on a system that will scan your entire friends/followers in real time and provide you feedback and the option to actively scan and remove or give you the power to pick and choose who gets bumped. It’s still in infancy, but it is pretty effective. Have any thoughts any thoughts or comments about it? You know what to do.
Why We Came Back and How!
A little over a month ago we got hacked and our website shut down. We were passionate about TwitChuck when we started, but getting hacked and starting over really kills the morale. So why start over, why give this whole thing a second chance?
Well we still hate Twitter spam, still growl when we see a stupid, idiotic post make it through to our communication streams. Seriously, we hate you Twitter spammers and we will not stop until our service helps ever user march forward with head high and the stench of spam in the distance.
This is our new statement and will guide any further development of TwitChuck.
Twitter is Communication.
Spam kills Communication.
TwitChuck kills Spam.
We have some simple goals for the near term and a lot of thought about the long term. In no particular order.
- Strengthen our scoring system.
- Increasing our reach into Twitter (more automated scoring means more spammers found).
- Re factor our premium automated anti-spammer system and give it a name that doesn’t suck.
- Create a process for verifying great users.
- Add voting and user rep, so that the cream rises to the top.